Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I Wish it Had Been Murder One:Nancy Grace on Conrad Murray Verdict




Sunday night Nancy Grace was minding about her low scores on 'Dancing With the Stars.' Talking to mediapersons backstage afterward she was more preoccupied with the punishment verdict that had been handed down to Conrad Murray j.
Nancy Grace, had a zinger or two to let us know how she really feels about it.

"Well, once I found out it was a guilty verdict that's really all I needed to know," she told OnTheRedCarpet.com. "I only wish it had been murder one, because murder one deserves life behind bars, not four years."

Discussing Murray's future prospects, Grace told 'THR': "When he gets out, I got news for him ... God's gonna get him. He's gonna be mis-er-able. He can run but he can't hide. Hey! He and Casey Anthony can have a tea party in four years."

Grace's intense, often controversial, scrutiny of the Casey Anthony case produced record ratings for CNN's Headline News, and her outraged disbelief at Anthony's acquittal -- "somewhere out there, the devil is dancing tonight" -- set the Twitterverse afire.

Although Nancy Grace hasn't captured the Murray trial to the same extent, it is something she has been following avidly. The former prosecutor revealed to mediapersons reporters on Sunday night "I've been talking about Michael Jackson since he was charged with child molestation. I made it very clear what I thought after I read the autopsy report and all the state's and defense's evidence. So yes, of course, I would have liked to have weighed in on the verdict. But I've weighed in on what I thought the verdict would be, including what would it be and when it would come in. And luckily, I was two for two."

Back in September Grace said on AOL TV that, in fact, Murray's trial was an important reasons she'd agreed to take part in 'DWTS' -- she was already in Los Angeles to cover the proceedings.

"I understand the defense attorney wants the jury sequestered from Nancy Grace," she said. "I can only say that his client is charged with standing by, talking on the phone to his girlfriend while the King of Pop, a music icon, lay on that bed and died ... I don't think it was altogether a bad thing that they asked the jury to be sequestered from me."

However, don't expect a special 'Nancy Grace' on the Murray verdict just yet. She and partner Tristan MacManus are confident that they'll survive tonight's elimination to dance into a place in the 'DWTS' semi finals next week.

No comments: