Friday, July 15, 2011

Rebekah Brooks resignes from her Office.

London, July,15:After a scandal over phone hacking hit the company and News Corp's  the Chief Executive of News International  Rebekah Brooks has resigned.

Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal,is the largest shareholder in News Corp after the media king Murdoch.

Rebekah Brooks, who put the foundation of News International as a secretary before editing the News of the World and The Sun, sent an email to News International today announcing her resignation from the house.

“As chief executive of the company, I feel a deep sense of responsibility for the people we have hurt and I want to reiterate how sorry I am for what we now know to have taken place,” she wrote.

“I have believed that the right and responsible action has been to lead us through the heat of the crisis. However my desire to remain on the bridge has made me a focal point of the debate."

“This is now detracting attention from all our honest endeavors to fix the problems of the past. Therefore I have given Rupert and James Murdoch my resignation. While it has been a subject of discussion, this time my resignation has been accepted."

Rebekah Brooks earlier offered to resign after few details of phone hacking of murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler and victims of the July 7 terrorist bombings sparked in media.

She also praised the Rupert’s wisdom, kindness and thanks him for his incisive advice in her career. She wrote. "I would like to thank them both for their support.”

No comments: